The Screaming Skull is a self-oscillating fuzz.
It has five control knobs, clear – gain – filter – oscillator – volume and three switches that change the mode of operation.
A True bypass switch turns the pedal on/off and another one turns the oscillator on/off.
There is also a toggle switch which is engaged with the filter.
The Screaming Skull is somewhere between a fuzz and distortion pedal,
which acts differently when the oscillator is ‘On’.
When the oscillator is not operated, you can have clean and warm fuzzy sound and when it’s ‘On’, it is a fuzz-distortion device with velcro kind of sound.
- Clear: This control changes battery’s current, It also produces background noises in different modes of operation(starving).
- Gain: It sets the amount of distortion.
- Oscillator: It sets the frequency (pitch) of the oscillator, which is engaged with a stomp switch and squelches noise after the end of sustainability.
- Filter: This control is a Low Pass filter, which is also engaged with a toggle switch.
- Volume: It sets the output level.
- Power: 9V center negative tip DC supply.
- Maximum Power Supply Voltage : 12.5V DC
Video demo by Dennis Kayzer