The Screaming Skull is a self-oscillating fuzz/overdrive. Used by many seminal bands and users like, Godspeed You!Black Emperor, Mogwai, Black Angels, 2 by Bukowski, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Lee Ranaldo (Sonic Youth), Jakob Ilja (Element Of Crime) and many others.
The Screaming Skull is an overdrive pedal but when oscillator is engaged, turns from fuzzy velcro kind of sounds to aggressive distortion, producing low or high feedback oscillations so the user can produce variety of tones. Even electro / techno producers use it on live acts… you feel it in your bones.
- Clear: This control changes battery’s current, It also produces background noises in different modes of operation(starving).
- Gain: It sets the amount of distortion.
- Oscillator: It sets the frequency (pitch) of the oscillator, which is engaged with a stomp switch and squelches noise after the end of sustainability.
- Filter: This control is a Low Pass filter, which is also engaged with a toggle switch.
- Volume: It sets the output level.
- Power: 9V center negative tip DC supply.
- Maximum Power Supply Voltage : 12.5V DC
Video demo by Dennis Kayzer